Monday, November 26, 2012

Design -67- Periodic Table of Typefaces

My teacher at the Career and Technology teacher my senior year actually gave me a placemat of this, so it's something that I see every day hanging up on my cork board.

The relation between types and elements is just brilliant and goes to show you that design has a science to it and an order just as Chemistry. The Tan background is very nuteral and doesn't distract one from the important information presented. It even parodies the real periodic table with each typeface being listed in order of most used, the type (serif or san serif), the family it falls into, the designer, and the year designed.

This is probably the nerdiest thing that I own, but i still think it's pretty cool none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment