Monday, November 26, 2012

Design -65- Box Art II (JP)

Now that I've talked about the North American box art on it's own design wise I want to turn the focus to the original Japanese box art.


This design of everything coming to a point at the top where Dr. Wily's castle is located actually reminds me of this comic book cover design type list I saw. The artwork and design here is just brutally japanese. All of the robot masters are shown behind our protagonist, and the bad guy's lair is at the very top behind everything just out of reach looming over us. Various enemies in the game are floating around taking up the space that would otherwise become blank. It's exciting, bold, and pretty much what Japan does in it's designs.

Final thoughts, I like how things are coming out of the area in the center, it's not just a boundary area. The mint green color is also very relaxing in contrast with the exciting cover artwork so I feel that it works very well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment