Saturday, September 22, 2012

Design - 9 - I can't even look at road signs

Yes, it's true... my work with graphic design has pushed me even further to the point where I can't even look at road signs without questioning how they could be made better.
I see this and all I can think now is "I wish that text was a bit bolder so it would hold it's own weight against that bike graphic. Otherwise the word looks like the ground and shows some creativity.

Sometimes it's not even critiquing the signs but thinking about the graphic hierarchy that was considered in the sign.
Okay the 32 is much more important because that's signifying what route in Maryland that you're on. The bold, black line also breaks up the two parts and kills off negative space.

This is great when you're constantly trying to think about how to improve a design; however, it can be a headache when you're just trying to get home in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment