Monday, October 7, 2013

Adv Web - 8 - Personal Website

So this time I'm not going to link to a website but instead I want to talk about why I don't have many websites to link to at this point. Later on I'll be able to find more but for now I've come to realize just how many personal and professional websites are lessened by the reliance on social media sites. I also see a ton of people adding a custom domain name on top of Tumblr to make their blog more like a personal website (whether they actually purchase a domain or just slap a free on like a co.vu on top of it.)

I've already run into two tumblr blogs that have a co.vu domain name thrown on top of them for free which is nice but I feel that this capability is causing people to think less about creating their own websites to their needs and instead focusing on other options.

Now Tumblr can support custom HTML so in theory you could us it as a platform to make your own cool website with a custom domain name but I can see this being problematic especially when it comes to lazier and cheaper people.

No comments:

Post a Comment